Pause Stop sites operate across Victoria to encourage motorists to pull over, take a break and recharge so everyone can get to their destination safely.
The South Gippsland Visitor Information Centre in Foster is a great place to stop and take a break. Our helpful staff and volunteers can assist will all your visitor inquiries.
Set amongst rolling green hills, Foster is a great stop on the way to enjoying South Gippsland’s fabulous attractions.
Pictured above – the historical, Port Welshpool Long Jetty
- The only way to address fatigue is by sleeping; take a 15-minute powernap if you feel drowsy.
- Plan your journey ahead of time.
- Aim to get enough quality sleep before driving – regardless of whether the trip is a long or short.
- Avoid driving at times when you would usually be sleeping.
- Don’t travel for more than 8 – 10 hours a day.
- Plan to pause from the road at least every two hours.
- Consider swapping drivers where possible.
- Don’t drink alcohol before your trip -even a small amount can significantly contribute to driver fatigue
- Access the Pause Stop website for information regarding the location of pop up Pause Stops, accredited VICs and other points of interest around the state